The events industry is on the rebound. Virtual get-togethers remain popular, in-person gatherings are on the rise, and hybrid events are set to explode. It’s an exciting time, but you may be wondering, “what are my options when it comes to corporate entertainment in 2021?”
We’re glad you asked! In this article, we’ll look at top entertainment options for in-person, virtual, and hybrid events so that you can book the best performers possible.
Live Corporate Entertainment in 2021
When you think about live events, you probably reminisce about an exciting ballgame you once attended, a concert you went to in your youth, an industry conference that helped you level up your career before the pandemic… Good news: live events are back!
In fact, 80% of meeting planners expect to host an in-person gathering this year. If you’re one of these folks, you’ll want to know about your options for live corporate entertainment in 2021.
Here are a few performers to keep in mind for your company’s next live get-together:
- Andy Hendrickson: When it comes to clean comedians for corporate events, you can’t go wrong with Andy Hendrickson. Andy has performed for major brands like Google and LinkedIn, as well as on the David Letterman show. Whether you’re looking for a standup comedian or a corporate imposter for live events, Andy’s your man.
- Ben Seidman: A magic show is a perfect entertainment choice for business shindigs—especially if the magician you hire is Ben Seidman. Ben’s performances are awe-inspiring and laugh out loud hilarious. So much so, in fact, he stars in his own Netflix show and was voted “Entertainer of the Year” by Princess Cruises.
- The Water Coolers: Looking for something a little outside-the-box for your first live event in 18 months? Then we suggest The Water Coolers, an award-winning comedy group that sings funny songs about work. The Coolers have performed all over the world and would be a great addition to your next company get-together.
Virtual Corporate Entertainment in 2021
Just because the COVID-19 pandemic is coming to a close doesn’t mean virtual events are going by the wayside. If 2020 proved anything, it’s that online gatherings are both convenient and effective. They’re also more affordable than most live get-togethers, which is a huge plus!
If you’re planning an online event, you’ll want to know about the best virtual corporate entertainment in 2021. Here are a few of our top picks:
- Colin Cloud: Known as the “real life Sherlock Holmes,” Colin Cloud is a celebrated mentalist, AKA mind reader, from Edinburgh, Scotland. He’s performed on live TV, the Broadway stage, and for mega-brands like HP, Wells Fargo, and British Airways. Colin’s virtual performances are must-see entertainment—book him today!
- Colin and Brad: Veterans of the hit TV show “Whose Line is it Anyway,” Colin and Brad are as good as it gets in the world of improv comedy. The duo is ready to perform for your next virtual conference, convention, or sales meeting and will make sure to incorporate your guests into the show to create a unique experience.
- Virtual Trivia With Budds: The best virtual events feature plenty of audience participation opportunities. That’s why Virtual Trivia With Budds makes our list. The host of this game show-style entertainment option has hosted more than 5,000 trivia nights in his career. Help your attendees have fun at your event and book Budds.
Hybrid Corporate Entertainment in 2021
The future of the events industry is hybrid. If you’re not familiar with the term, a hybrid event is an event that features in-person and virtual elements that happen simultaneously.
For example, Company X is planning to host an industry conference in Austin, TX for 1,000 people. The event will feature live keynote speeches, hands-on workshops, and in-person networking sessions. Additionally, the event will be live streamed to thousands of virtual attendees. Each will tune in to hear the speakers, participate in virtual networking, etc.
Here are the best options for virtual hybrid entertainment in 2021:
- Harry Freedman: Harry Freedman has been called “The Nation’s Misleading Expert” because of his highly-rated comedic put-on performances. Basically, Harry is hired by corporations to pretend to be an industry expert. The result is a hilarious and wildly entertaining act that hundreds of Fortune 1,000 companies have enjoyed.
- Digital Deception: The high-tech magic act known as Digital Deception is ready to wow your in-person and virtual audiences. This talented duo will use a combination of text messages, phone calls, emails, and videos to stun your guests like never before. No wonder brands like Google and Twilio have hired them for corporate gatherings.
- PaintJam Speed Painting: You don’t want “just another corporate entertainer,” do you? Then book PaintJam, a speed painting act led by Dan Dunn. Dan and his team will paint a masterpiece in less than 20 minutes, while your event attendees watch, slack-jawed. It’s an ideal performance for hybrid events!
Host an Entertaining Event
It doesn’t matter if you’re planning an in-person, virtual, or hybrid event, corporate entertainment in 2021 will make it more enjoyable for your guests.
So what are you waiting for? Contact Funny Business today to book an act! We’ll use our 30+ years of experience and extensive industry contacts list to help you choose and connect with a talented performer who fits your budget and event vision.