In-Person Events: What to Expect in 2021
2020 was a crazy year—especially for folks in the live, in-person events industry.
While many of us were able to successfully pivot to virtual gatherings, we’ve all been wondering, what will the events industry look like in 2021? More specifically? When will we be able to host face-to-face gatherings again?
These are the questions we aim to answer in this blog post! Keep reading to learn when in-person events will return, what will happen to virtual events, and more.
When Will In-Person Events Return?
Let’s be honest, the in-person events industry was never gone for good. Human beings are social creatures and need real-world contact with others to find fulfilment. Now that the coronavirus pandemic seems to be waning, people are getting ready to meet again.
Take a look at these statistics:
- 78% of planners currently have in-person events planned and contracted for the future, according to a survey published by MailChimp.
- 73% of respondents in the above-mentioned MailChimp survey expect to resume in-person events some time in 2021.
- 81% of meeting planners will host their next in-person event in 2021 according to a different survey conducted by Northstar Meetings Group.
What does this mean? It means that the world is ready for face-to-face gatherings and working towards bringing them back! As long as we don’t experience another worldwide catastrophe, get ready to plan your next one in 2021.
What About Virtual Events?
In the absence of in-person events, virtual events exploded in popularity. If you’re a big fan of this format, don’t worry! Virtual events are here to stay, though they might not be mandatory like they were for a majority of 2021, depending on where in the world you are.
This is because virtual events have numerous benefits over in-person events including the ability to reach more people and cut back on event-hosting costs.
Virtual events will continue to happen in 2021 and beyond. Even more exciting, we expect hybrid events—an event that combines in-person and virtual event elements—to become widely used. Why shouldn’t they? They offer the best of both worlds!
How to Elevate ANY Kind of Event
It doesn’t matter if you’re hosting an in-person event, virtual event, or a combination of the two, you need to find ways to elevate your gathering above the others in your industry.
This is easily done with Grade-A entertainment! Here are a few ideas:
- Comedy: Laughter makes everything better. Give your audience a serious case of the giggles by booking a quality comedian to perform at your virtual or in-person event.
- Magic: If you’re looking for something a bit outside the box, consider hiring a magician. These performers are guaranteed to wow your in-person or virtual crowd.
- Game Shows: Sometimes interactive entertainment is the right choice. Book a game show host to increase in-person and virtual audience engagement with fun games.
All three of these entertainment ideas can work for in-person, virtual, and hybrid gatherings. Just choose the right one for your unique needs!
Ready to Host an In-Person Event?
Whether you’re planning a full, face-to-face gathering or a hybrid affair, in-person events will make their triumphant return in 2021. Get ahead of the game and book professional entertainment to make sure your next gathering is as amazing as it can be.
Contact us at Funny Business Agency and we’ll connect you with the perfect comedian, magician, game show host, or other kind of entertainer.