Hosting a gala fundraiser is exciting.
The decor and ambiance, the guests in their beautiful formal wear. It’s a magical evening. It’s something your guests will remember for a long time to come. Which is really important. The goal of the event is to make money but also to spread the word about the mission and goals of your organization. When you are hosting a fundraiser, it’s crucial for future support that your guests not only enjoy themselves but that they walk away enchanted by the evening.
Galas offer so many benefits:
- Donors and supporters get to see the faces of those they’ve helped
- It’s a celebration for everyone involved, a chance to be proud of what’s been done
- Galas are also a great opportunity for everyone to network
Here are some tips to ensure you have a successful fundraising gala:
- Reserve a location well in advance. Space should be booked six months to a year in advance. Trendy popular venues may even require more advanced booking.
- To help with some of the costs, consider corporate sponsorship’s for your event. Keep it classy and limited to only a few strong sponsorship’s.
- Spread the word about your event! Charities are often able to negotiate some free publicity by persuading local newspapers to put announcements on their event or society pages.
- It is important to give the media plenty of notice about your event – typically a month before the event is good.
- Take time during an event to remind everyone about the mission of your charity and the goals for the night. Be sure to let them know exactly how they can help. Fundraising is always more successful if you pull on their heart strings.
- It’s important to remember that you don’t want to overwhelm your guests with too much “selling”.
- Make sure your guests are the center of your attention.
- Showcase the impact your donors and supporters had.
Entertainment for a Fundraiser
Explore our comprehensive post on entertainment for charity events.
When hiring entertainment for your fundraiser, you want to ensure it matches the tone and style of the event. The act should be appropriate for the audience.
Types of Gala Fundraiser Entertainment
Music – whether it’s a high class band, soloist quartet or a dj – it should add to the ambiance, but it should not overtake the event. If there is dancing, it’s okay to crank the tunes and invite everyone to the dance floor. However, if the live music is a backdrop to the event, keep the volume in check so conversations can be easily had.
Consider a Variety Act like magician, mentalist or a clean comedian for your event. Acts like you see on America’s Got Talent are in high demand for Galas. Whether they roam the room or set up on stage, they will delight your guests. Remember to keep the tone appropriate for the audience.
A celebrity entertainer is a great way to thrill guests and get more exposure for your event.
Take the time to properly research the entertainment for your fundraiser gala. If you need some help, let us know! With 30+ years in the business, we’ve been through it all! We can help you with all areas related to your event entertainment.
Don’t forget to check out Your Complete Guide to Fundraiser Entertainment for more helpful advice.