CPA-Turned-Humorist & Speaker
Hire or Book John Garrett
Hire John Garrett as Corporate Speaker, Master of Ceremonies, Game Show Host, or Recovering CPA.
From Big 4 to Big Laughs
Accounting and consulting firms come to “Recovering CPA” John Garrett to inject humor and energy into their meetings to help recognize, reward and recharge their staff.
Be the office hero. Rescue your team from the expected and bring John Garrett in to deliver a new take on corporate team building.
As a CPA-turned-humorist, John attended his fair share of corporate events in his previous professional life. Like you, John grew tired of traditional team building events with their “trust-falls” and corny “ice-breakers” and messages from a speaker who hadn’t worked a single day in a cubicle.
Today, John is a corporate entertainer on a mission: to help teams break down barriers, foster unity, and strengthen bonds. He simply does it with a different approach: laughter.
Each event features a stand-up performance as well as an interactive game show, delivering funny material that’s always corporate clean.
What Does Humor Have to Do with Teambuilding?
People need to laugh more. Especially people who spend countless hours in the office hunched over reports or creating macros for Excel spreadsheets. As a former CPA and consultant, John gets where your team is coming from. And he’s also seen firsthand that his show can yield some pretty incredible results.
What You Can Expect From John
• Teambuilding outcomes. John’s program has a lasting impact on employee morale by strengthening relationships through humor. Teams who laugh together are happier at work, less stressed and work together more effectively. Laughter has the power to create a greater sense of interconnectedness, something every organization can benefit from.
• Customized content. Expect comedy that resonates with employees and material that’s completely customized to your company and your industry – capitalizing on the concept that “It’s funny because it’s true.”
• Audience interaction. Engaged audiences are happy audiences. He’ll lead an interactive game show involving members of your group that always prompts big laughs.
• Professionalism. In event planning, it’s not just the end results that matter, but the process itself. John’s professionalism extends beyond the stage to make planning an event with him easy, enjoyable, and stress-free.
• Clean material. If “Big Four” accounting firms, major corporations and professional associations can trust John, you can, too. Rest assured that his always-hilarious-always-clean message appeals to a wide variety of audiences.
• Emcee. Would you like to make sure your event runs smoothly? John has hosted everything from multi-day conferences to two-hour awards ceremonies. He provides transitions between speakers and can even insert some humor as needed.
“When the team planning this event had informed me that we were hiring a comedian, I took it at face value… But the outcome was much more profound than I had expected…Even weeks after your performance, it’s amazing to see how this event has lent more levity and cohesiveness to our team.”
"Garrett is sharp, wry, quick, and clean – everything you could possibly hope for and more. He is a breeze to work with in shaping his presentation and is naturally funny to be around even before he steps into the spotlight."
"John was great. We have a bit of a rowdy bunch and the event could have gone either way depending on how John handled the crowd. He did a great job with bringing the audience in and I have received many compliments for our comedian selection. Thank you for setting us up with such a great comedian!"